Amazing K Criteria for Admission
It is the aim of the school to provide an environment where the race, gender, culture and religion of the individuals are in no instances an impediment to the learner’s access to admission into Amazing K.
No learner will be unfairly discriminated against within the parameters that Amazing K School is a fee paying school for boys and girls with a Pervasive Development Disorder such as ADHD/ADD, Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Aspergers where the medium of instruction in English.
Every learner admitted to the school is admitted to the total school programme and he/she will only be denied access to academic activities, cultural activities, sporting activities or social activities on the grounds that the parent has not paid the school fees.
The admission of pupils will be so managed that the school intake will only include children with a Pervasive Development Disorder such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD/ADD, Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder and Aspergers Syndrome.
Documentation Required for Admission
- Signed and fully completed Application Form;
- Signed and fully completed Enrolment Agreement;
- Immunisation Certificate of the Child;
- Any documentation pertaining to diagnosis;
- All documentation pertaining to therapies and/or assessment the child has had in the past;
- Last or latest progress report (where applicable);
- Any additional documents as may be prescribed by the school from time to time;
Suitability of children for admission into the school is based on:
- The learner has been diagnosed with a Pervasive Development Disorder which includes but is not limited to:
- PDD-NOS (Pervasive Development Disorder Not Otherwise Specified)
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- S(P)CD (Social Communication Disorder)
- If a suitable vacancy to accommodate the child is available;
- If the learners falls within the age group of where the vacancy is available within the School;
- Preference will be given to learners who satisfy the criteria and to siblings of learners currently enrolled into the Amazing K School;
- Demonstrates the learning difficulties a child with a Pervasive Development Disorder displays – such as:
- communication and/or language delays or lack there-of;
- social & emotional difficulties;
- restrictive or receptivity behaviour patterns,
- cognitive learning delays;
- behaviour problems / tantrum;
- motor planning problems and/or low muscle tone;
- Learner must be able to walk independently;
- Learners that will benefit the most from the Curriculum offered at the school.