Amazing-K Autism School in Johannesburg Hours
- Monday – Friday
- The Autism School opens at 6h30 daily
- Our Curriculum starts at 8h30 with morning greeting
- Our half day schooling program finishes as 13h00
- Our full day school program finishes at 17H00
- We allow for a 30 minute pick-up period until 13h30 for half day learners and until 17h30 for full day learners
- We follow the ISASA 4 term school calendar
ABA instruction for Autism
We offer Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) sessions to all children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The child does not need to be enrolled into the Autism School. ABA therapy is an elective therapy and does not form part of the School Curriculum. In other words you can enroll your child into just ABA therapy and not the school.
- We offer 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Session can be done either 3 or 5 times per week;
- 1 hour sessions as also offered and again sessions can be done either 3 or 5 times per week;
- For intensive ABA intervention we recommend a 2 hour one-on-one session. This should be done a minimum of 3 times per week.
In addition to gaining the benefit of one-on-one intervention sessions. The result of a 2 hours 5 x a week session can be incredible. Because the child will then work one-on-one in a group setting as well.
The ABA therapy center also runs on the ISASA 4 term calendar.
Art, music, movement and motor planning
We offer an afternoon program at Amazing K School. Like aftercare but more Autism Specific. Afternoons focuses less on academics and more on Alternative Autism Intervention activities. Ideally suited to children that are being home schooled.
Our afternoon program runs as follows:
- Twice a week from 2pm to 5pm
- Three x per week from 2 pm to 5pm
- Five days per week from 2pm to 5pm
The afternoon intervention program also runs on the ISASA 4 term calendar.