19 Mar Homemade playdough recipe – cheap and easy to make
Playdough is such a great sensory activity for our children, but it can also be used for so many other learning related activities at home. Whilst in isolation you can use Playdough for counting, creative play, literacy and so much more.
Here is a math (numeracy) activity for you to do with your children tomorrow. All you will need is a piece of paper, pen and some Playdough. You can write the number and the child must roll the Playdough into a ball and place the item in the correct circle.
- This activity can be taught at a variety of levels.
- For our babies we will start only with “rolling the play-dough” into a ball. By using his/her hand and the table.
- The next step would be to roll the ball with two hands.
- Further learning can be the size of the balls you are rolling and for the older (more academically orientated) children you can even start bringing in concepts like: “big, bigger and biggest”.
- Or have a competition where the child and parent can try roll the same SIZE balls.
My promise to you… “making a HUGE batch of playdough it’s worth it”.