Art & Craft lessons form part of our daily curriculum.
Although some may regard art as a luxury education, simple creative activities are some of the building blocks of child development. Learning to create and appreciate visual aesthetics are just as important as core academic subjects.
Not just is art a great way for the children to express themselves but it is also great for Sensory Integration. Art can furthermore:
- help strengthen the child’s writing grasp
- motor skill development / planning
- help with hand eye co-ordination
- helps with decision making abilities
- help with teaching “crossing the mid line”
- establish or broaden creativity / inventiveness
Studies show that there is a correlation between art and other achievements. Not to mention the language development benefits that art can have/has. For very young children art (creating art) — provides opportunities to learn words for colours, shapes and actions whilst having loads of fun.